Position: Vice President of Operations
Job Title: Vice President of Operations
Reports to: President
Location: St. Bernard (Cincinnati)
Classification: Full-Time | Exempt
Direct Reports: Three
ABOUT FRIARS CLUB:
Friars Club was established in Over-the-Rhine in 1860 to help German immigrant parents keep their children safe and busy after school. During the Great Depression, a new facility was built at 65 West McMillan that continued to serve not only inner-city youth but children all over the greater Cincinnati area. As the mission evolved and the number of people served grew, the Friars Club landed in St. Bernard where it operates today. Staff and volunteers continue the tradition of serving the special
needs of Cincinnati’s at-risk children through organized sports, education, nutrition and fitness, which fuels empowerment.
The vice president of operations, which is a new position, will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s effectiveness by providing leadership for the staff directly under his/her supervision. The vice president of operations is responsible for overall agency operations and execution and results of the strategic plan. She/he will demonstrate Friars Club’s core values of Respect, Responsibility, Leadership, and Good Sportsmanship. She/he will be a part of the Executive Leadership Team, which includes the president, vice president of operations, and athletic director. While the vice president of operations does not have to be a practicing Catholic, he/she must understand the tenets of Catholicism and embrace the charism of the Friars.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, model, train and develop staff and ensure the programs are aligned with the Friars Club’s mission
- Set the tone and culture for the Friars Club in terms of learning and development, regular staff meetings, adherence to core values
- Collaborate with the finance committee for yearly operating budgets and ensure that Friars Club operates within the confines of the approved budget
- Once the board of directors approves a policy, ensure there are procedures written around these policies so that staff and volunteers understand the implementation process and the proper alignment with the policy and the mission.
- Attend finance committee meetings and serve as this committee’s liaison
- Manage and oversee daily operations of the organization and its facilities
- Manage, lead, and supervise three staff members: the administrative assistant (future position), athletic director, and education administrator, as well as external consultants
- Implement organizations’ strategic planning process every three years to ensure that the Friars Club focuses on the future
- Assist with logistics and implementation of fundraising and special events
- Execute and carry out any other tasks assigned by the president
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Business acumen and operations experience
- Experience in supervision and management
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills
- Fundraising experience
- Knowledge of sports and athletics
- Able to work flexible hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
- Demonstrate leadership and vision to manage a staff and projects
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Successful completion and maintenance of child protection program
TIMELINE & RESUME SUBMITTAL PROCESS:
Recruitment: October 25, 2021 – November 19, 2021
Phase I: Zoom Screening Interviews – October 25, 2021 - November 23, 202
Phase II: Live interview the week of November 29, 2021.Hire Date: Early to mid-January 2022.
Friars Club reserves the right to adjust the timeline and the process at any time.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions - all candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Anne M. Maxfield at firstname.lastname@example.org, who is assisting with this search. ALL candidates’ cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication. Thank you for your interest in the Friars Club.
Friars Club is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.